Our client Microsoft, is looking for a Software Asset Manager.
The Software Asset Manager is a strong influencer and orchestrator to align Microsoft & partner resources for business impact.
The importance of the role evidences Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial business relationship.
What does it mean in concrete?
The goal of the role is to drive partner enablement and business growth based on your partners’ strengths and priorities.
- You will work across the Microsoft organization to ensure partner capabilities and offerings are aligned to our business goals.
- You will guide partners through their transformation journey to build new cloud capabilities & solutions selling skills that generate growth and innovation.
- The role will need to orchestrate across SAM Engagement Managers, Enterprise & Corporate Sales (generalist sales, solutions sales and licensing executives) and Partner Management
- The successful Software Asset Manager will develop internal and external relationships to drive partner success.
So 4 main functions in a nutshell:
- Support Engagement Managers in their role of driving customer acquisition, incremental customer revenue, consumption and success through partner impact.
- Partner seller enablement & quality assurance: making sure the partners deliver quality work: recruitment, training, business planning
- Build and engage the local partner ecosystem: create and drive connections between Microsoft sellers and partners, and partner to partner, to deliver solutions advice to end customers
- Revenue assurance: monitor customers’ contractual liabilities and follow up with licensing partners that these are being met in a timely manner.
What’s the profile we are looking for?
- Experience with a partner driven sales and delivery model
- No specific technical knowledge required but have a genuine interest in technology and have proven success in assimilating technical information and bringing it across to 3rd parties.
- Structured approach supported by excellent communication skills (written and spoken, formal and informal)
- 3+ years of experience – partner channel development, business development, alliance management in the technology industry. Or a (solution or licensing) sales or technical role at a Microsoft partner.
- Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
- Excellent communication skills with a high degree of comfort
- Bachelor’s degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Engineering);
Not sure you got it all completely? No worries we have a video for you ! CLICK HERE